This is an Arduino GPS/GPRS/GSM shield from DFRobot. This shield with a Quad-band GSM/GPRS engine works on frequencies EGSM 900MHz/DCS 1800MHz and GSM850 MHz/PCS 1900MHz. It also supports GPS technology for satellite navigation. It's possible for your robot and control system to send messages and use the GSM network.
It is controlled via AT commands (GSM07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands). And the design of this shield allows you to drive the GSM & GPS function directly with the computer and the Arduino Board. It includes a high-gain SMD antenna for GPS and a flexible GSM antenna 8.5cm(3.35") ( U.FL connector ).
This GPS/GPRS/GSM shield uses an embedded SIM908 chip from SIMCom. Featuring an industry-standard interface and GPS function, the combination of both technologies allows items, vehicles and people to be tracked seamlessly at any location and anytime with signal coverage.
Here is short intro video about how to send SMS using this shield.
- Power supply: 6-12v
- Low power consumption (100mA@7v - GSM mode)
- Quad-Band 850/900/18001900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2 W @ 850/900 MHz)
- Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900MHz)
- Control via AT commands(GSM07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Support GPS technology for satellite navigation
- Embeded high-gain SMD antennas for GPS & GSM
- Directly support 4*4 button pad
- USB/Arduino control switch
- Programmable switch for Arduino
- LED indicators for power supply, network states and working status
- Board Surface:Immersion Gold
- S1 -- Programming mode / Communication mode
- S2 -- Controlling interface: USB / Arduino
- Embedded SIM card holder
- Speaker & Mic Jack socket
- Size: 81x70mm(3.19"x2.76")
- Specifications for SMS via GSM / GPRS
- Point-to-point MO and MT
- SMS cell broadcast
- Text and PDU mode
- Specification for GPS
- Receiver 42 channels, GPS L1 C/A code, High-performance STE engine
- Tracking: -160 dBm
- Cold starts: -143 dBm
- Cold starts: 30s (typ.)
- Hot starts: 1s (typ.)
Accuracy:Horizontal position: <2.5m CEP
Power consumption (GSM engine in idle mode):Acquisition 77mA,Tracking 76mA
- SiRF NMEA Protocol
- AT Command manual
- SIM908 Datasheet
- SIM908 Product Page
- Youtube Video
- Test library for Leonardo based boards
- Arduino GPS/GPRS/GSM Module V3.0 x1
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.