This shield allows your Arduino to control a door lock using an electric strike plate and one of a number of commonly-available RFID modules, and is based on the circuit described in the "RFID Access Control System" project in the book "Practical Arduino".
Note: Does not include the RFID reader module itself. You need to purchase a module separately. We recommend Priority 1 Design as a good source of compatible modules.
Supported reader modules include:
- Connections for RFID reader module
- Connections for status LED output
- Connections for manual strike release
- Output to control 12V electric door strike
- Power pass-through jumper
- Reset button wired through to Arduino reset pin
- Blue "Arduino power" LED
- Green "External power" LED
- Red "Strike plate activated" LED
- Prototyping area
- Door Lock Shield Quickstart Guide
- Example sketch from Practical Arduino
- Discuss in the forum
- Design files
- Wolf Den Electronics RFID door control (video)
- SuperHouseTV episode 7: Control door locks with RFID and Arduino
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.