Modern car engines are controlled by computers which regulate engine performance. Sensors are connected to major components which constantly send data to the computer which then adjusts performance accordingly to ensure minimal emissions and optimal performance. Reading data from these computers helps mechanics pinpoint where problems may lie in car performance. You can also find out this information with this OBD2 bluetooth engine code reader. It connects to your OBD2 port and will immediately intepret the information in the ECU (enging control unit). You can use this information to find faulty sensors which adversely affect performance, see if cylinders are misfiring, see how hot your engine coolant is, view engine RPMs and much more.
Diagnosing and fixing certain problems yourself can save a lot of time and money. It's also fascinating to see how much engine information is readily available in modern cars.
How it works:
1. Connect to your OBD2 port (commonly found underneath to the right of your steering wheel)
2. Pair it with your smartphone, laptop, or table (NOT Currently compatible with iOS devices)
3. Use the supplied software or app to monitor an array of engine parameters
Viewable parameters *
• Vehicle Speed
• Fuel Consumption
• Engine Coolant Temp
• Fuel Pressure
• Calculated Engine Load
• Throttle Position
• Intake Manifold Pressure
• Air Intake Temp
• Timing Advance
• Mass Air Flow
• Fuel Level
• Barometric Pressure
• EVAP System Vapour Pressure
• Fuel Trim
* Not all measurements will be available in some cars
The recommended apps** from the Google® Play store are:
• Torque Lite (OBD2 & Car)
• Torque Pro (OBD2 & Car)
**Note: These apps are not designed by the manufacturer, nor by Electus Distribution Pty. Ltd or any of its proprietaries. Use of the apps are at the discretion of the customer, who is wholly responsible for any costs, charges or affects it may have on their Smartphone or Tablet as a result.
The product is compatible with the following protocols:
• SAE J1850 VPW (10.4Kbaud)
• SAE J1850 PWM (41.6Kboud)
• ISO9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4K baud)
• ISO14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4Kbaud)
• ISO14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4Kbaud)
• ISO15765-4CAN (11bit ID, 500 Kbaud)
• ISO15765-4CAN (29bit ID, 500 Kbaud)
• ISO15765-4CAN (11bit ID, 250 Kbaud)
• ISO15765-4CAN (29bit ID, 250 Kbaud)
IMPORTANT: Inventory currently available DOES NOT pair with iOS devices upgraded to the lastest version. Due to version compatibility issues with the bluetooth firmware the device will not be viewable on the iOS device or will refuse to pair. This issue does not effect devices running the Android operating system.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.