mbed Starter Kit
The mbed Starter Kit (mSK) is a great way to get into user created projects created by ARM to assist with rapid prototyping on microcontrollers. The mSK, which utilizes the LPC1768 by ARM, includes everything you need to complete 10 circuits that will teach you how to create a USB host, draw text and shapes on an LCD, log temperature data, and more. We recommend that you do have some previous programming or electronics experience before using this kit.
The on-line sMK Experiment Guide (in the Documents section below) contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Full example code is provided and explained and even includes fritzing diagrams and the required components.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with an intermediate to advanced knowledge on programming. We’ve essentially designed this kit to be the next step up from the SIK. So if you are looking for a new challenge check out the mbed Starter Kit!
Note: All SparkFun branded breakout boards listed in the Kit Includes section come with headers pre-soldered on.
- Circuit 1: Blink an LED
- Circuit 2: Buttons and PWM
- Circuit 3: Graphic LCD
- Circuit 4: Accelerometer
- Circuit 5: Internet Clock
- Circuit 6: USB Host and Threading
- Circuit 7: USB Device
- Circuit 8: Temperature Logging
- Circuit 9: PWM Sounds
- Circuit 10: Hardware Soundboard
- mbed - LPC1768 (Cortex-M3) (with USB Cable)
- White Solderless Breadboards
- Serial Miniature LCD Module - 1.44" (with Hook-Up Cable)
- TRRS 3.5mm Jack Breakout
- Triple Axis Accelerometer Breakout - MMA8452Q
- microSD Transflash Breakout
- USB Type A Female Breakout
- USB Mini-B Breakout
- RJ45 Ethernet MagJack Breakout
- 4GB MicroSD Card with SD Adapter
- microSD USB Reader
- Speaker - PCB Mount
- TMP36 Temp Sensor
- Transistor - NPN (2N3904)
- Jumper Wires
- CAT 6 Cable - 3ft
- Tri-color LED
- Big 12mm Buttons
- 330 and 10K Resistors
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.