This product has been retired from our catalog and is no longer for sale. This page is made available for those looking for datasheets and the simply curious.
Freematics OBD-II UART Adapter MK2 is the second generation of our popular OBD-II UART Adapter for Arduino. It works as data bridge between a car's OBD-II port and Arduino with easy-to-use Arduino library provided. Besides OBD-II data access, it also integrates 6-axis MEMS sensor module and voltmeter for measuring vehicle battery power. The adapter draws power from OBD-II port and convert it to 5V (up to 2A) for powering itself and attached device (Arduino board, shield or other components). The adapter plugs into the OBD port usually located under the steering column or slightly to the left of it. To check if your vehicle is OBD-II certified, open your hood and find the sticker that looks like this: Note: Vehicles using following vehicle protocols are supported:
- Supporting CAN bus & KWP2000 protocols
- Built-in MPU-6050 MEMS module (accelerometer, gyroscope & temperature)
- Built-in voltage meter for measuring car battery voltage
- Serial UART data interface for micro-controllers
- Micro USB port for computer/tablet OBD-II access and firmware upgrade
- Compatible and extended ELM327 AT command-set
- Fast (up to 100Hz) read-out of OBD-II PIDs available with vehicle's ECU
- Reading multiple (up to 8) OBD-II PIDs from a single query
- Reading and clearing vehicle diagnostic trouble code (DTC)
- Powering attached devices with DC 5V (up to 2A)
- Arduino library and sketches available
- Output Power: 5V@2A-10W
- Weight: 94g
- Freematics OBD-II UART Adapter MK2 x1
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.