Emic 2 Text-to-Speech module
Give your project a voice! Designed by Parallax in conjunction with Grand Idea Studio, the Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module is a multi-language voice synthesizer that converts a stream of digital text into natural sounding speech. Its simple command-based interface makes it easy to integrate into any embedded system. It is by far the best sounding, easiest-to-use TTS module we've ever seen!
- High-quality speech synthesis for English and Spanish languages
- Nine pre-defined voice styles comprising male, female, and child
- Dynamic control of speech and voice characteristics, including pitch, speaking rate, and word emphasis
- Industry-standard DECtalk text-to-speech synthesizer engine (5.0.E1)
- Reading Internet-based data streams (such as e-mails or Twitter feeds)
- Conveying status or sensor results from robots, scientific equipment, or industrial machinery
- Language learning or speech aids for educational environments
- Audio Sample – English (.wav)
- Audio Sample – Spanish (.wav)
- Audio Sample – Singing “Daisy Bell” (.wav)
- Single row, 6-pin, 0.1² header for easy connection to a host system
- Power requirements: +5 VDC, 30 mA idle, 46-220 mA active (depending on speech parameters and output load)
- Communication: Asynchronous 9600 bps serial (8N1)
- Dimensions: 1.25" W x 1.5" L x 0.37" H (3.17 W x 3.81 L x 0.94 H cm)
- Operating temperature: -20 to +70 °C (-4 to +158 °F)
- Weight: 6.97g
Downloads & Resources:
- For documentation, schematics, BoM, and example code, visit the parallax download page and enter "Emic" as the product name and click Search
- Epson/Fonix DECtalk 5.01-E1 User Guide (.pdf)
- Grand Idea Studio's Emic 2 Page
- Toymkrs Video Featuring Emic-to-Speech (off-site)
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Parallax products click here.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.