Dot/Bar Display Driver - LM3914 (Linear)
This is the LM3914 Dot/Bar display analog-controlled LED driver that uses an alinear output scale. With this driver all it takes is a single, analog signal to drive a string of 10+ LEDs, which can be configured into either bar mode (where all LEDs below a certain point turn on) or dot mode (with only a single LED on at a time). Hook them up properly, and you can create all sorts of nifty multi-LED displays.
The LM3914 is very easy to apply as an analog meter circuit. A 1.2V full-scale meter requires only 1 resistor and a single 3V to 15V supply in addition to the 10 display LEDs. If the 1 resistor is a pot, it becomes the LED brightness control. The simplified block diagram illustrates this extremely simple external circuitry.
- Drives LEDs, LCDs or Vacuum Fluorescents
- Bar or Dot Display Mode Externally Selectable
- Expandable to Displays of 100 Steps
- Internal Voltage Reference from 1.2V to 12V
- Operates with Single Supply of Less than 3V
- Outputs can Interface with TTL or CMOS Logic
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.