The Arduino Proto shield allows an Arduino board to communicate wireless using a wireless module. It is based on the Xbee modules from Digi, but can use any module with the same footprint. The module can communicate up to 100 feet indoors or 300 feet outdoors (with line-of-sight). It can be used as a serial/usb replacement or you can put it into a command mode and configure it for a variety of broadcast and mesh networking options. The shields breaks out each of the Xbee's pins to a through-hole solder pad. This shield doesn't have the SD socket. An on-board switch allows the wireless module to communicate with the USB-to-serial converter or with the microcontroller.
- Arduino Product page
- Arduino Proto Shields LABS Page
- Arduino Wireless Proto Shield Forum
- EAGLE files: arduino-wireless-proto-shield-reference-design.zip
- Schematic: arduino-wireless-proto-shield-schematic.pdf
- Arduino Wireless Proto Shield x1
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.