This Arduino GSM Shield is Discontinued Now, We recommend SIM808 GPS/GPRS/GSM Shield For Arduino as a suitable replacement.
The Arduino GSM Shield allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet, make/receive voice calls and send/receive SMS messages. The shield uses a radio modem M10 by Quectel. It is possible to communicate with the board using AT commands. The GSM library has a large number of methods for communication with the shield.
The shield uses digital pins 2 and 3 for software serial communication with the M10. Pin 2 is connected to the M10's TX pin and pin 3 to its RX pin. See these notes for working with an Arduino Mega, arduino Mega ADK, or arduino Leonardo. The modem's PWRKEY pin is connected to Arduino pin 7.
The M10 is a Quad-band GSM/GPRS modem that works at frequencies GSM850MHz, GSM900MHz, DCS1800MHz and PCS1900MHz. It supports TCP/UDP and HTTP protocols through a GPRS connection. GPRS data downlink and uplink transfer speed maximum is 85.6 kbps.
To interface with the cellular network, the board requires a SIM card provided by a network operator. The most recent revision of the board uses the 1.0 pinout on rev 3 of the Arduino Uno board.
Note: This batch comes from "Arduino.org". Some information on "Arduino.cc" has been out of date, please reference the Arduino.org official webpage. The micro to nano SIM adapter is included in the box.
- Send/Receive command or data with your robots,household appliances or your friends
- Get information like temperature or humidity when the distance was not suitable for wifi or Xbee
- Make an alarm device when you are out
- Work as a cloud calculator
- make/receive voice calls and send/receive SMS messages easily for your robots or other device
- AT commands allowed
- software serial communication with Arduino
- TCP/UDP and HTTP supported
- 85.6 kbps GPRS data downlink and uplink maximum
- Developed with Telefónica of Spain
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.