Adafruit 9-DOF IMU Breakout - L3GD20H + LSM303
This inertial-measurement-unit combines 2 of the best quality sensors available on the market to give you 9 axes of data: 3 axes of accelerometer data, 3 axes gyroscopic, and 3 axes magnetic (compass). We tested many different 'combination' sensors and found these were the best value, with stable and reliable readings.
The L3DG20H gyroscope + LSM303DLHC accelerometer/compass sensors are all on one breakout here, to save you space and money. Since all of them use I2C, you can communicate with all of them using only two wires. Most customers will be pretty happy with just the plain I2C interfacing, but we also break out the 'data ready' and 'interrupt' pins, so advanced users can interface with if they choose. A 3V regulator with reverse-polarity protection means you don't have to worry about frying the boards by accident. There's level shifting circuitry so the IMU can be used with 3 or 5V logic boards. And check out those mounting holes! You can securely attach this board to your rocket, robot, art project.
Each order comes with one assembled and tested 9DOF breakout board and a small piece of header.
Since this is a combination of 2 different breakouts, we suggest visiting those pages for much more information: L3GD20H and the LSM303, but here are some quick stats:
- L3GD20H 3-axis gyroscope: ±250, ±500, or ±2000 degree-per-second scale
- LSM303 3-axis compass: ±1.3 to ±8.1 gauss magnetic field scale
- LSM303 3-axis accelerometer: ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g selectable scale
Adafruit 9-DOF IMU Breakout - L3GD20 + LSM303 (9:56)
Dimensions (without header):
- Length: 1.5" / 38mm
- Width: 0.9" / 23mm
- Weight: 2.8g
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit addresses 0x19 & 0x1E & 0x6B
- Nov 28, 2014 we switched the L3GD20 to the L3GD20H which is a higher quality gyro. It is code compatible with our library, the ID register value has been changed but is otherwise the same
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Little Bird Company Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.